Generous employee benefits or perks are not only fantastic ways to attract top-notch talent
and become the employer of choice, but they're also an effective method of taking excellent care of your people. A survey by Glassdoor found that nearly 60 percent of employees classify benefits and perks as a top consideration for accepting a job.
If you want your team to thrive, retain their creativity, and avoid burnout, implementing tactics
to break the monotony of the day-to- day grind is highly recommended. And it doesn't have to
be extravagant or cost you a fortune. It really is the little things that matter most in keeping your crew motivated and engaged.
I recently asked a group of employees — a mix of both part- and full-time staff — what their
favorite employer-provided benefits and perks are. Here are the top 50 responses.
Health and Wellness
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Vacation time/PTO
- Flexible spending accounts: health (FSA), dependent care (DCFSA), and commuter (CERA)
- Gym membership discounts
- Wellness coaching/weight loss coaching
- Smoking cessation programs
- Team yoga or boot camp classes
- Onsite chair massage
Financial, Future, and Family Planning
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Accident insurance
- Retirement savings — 401(k), IRA
- Pet insurance
- Discounts for childcare
- Direct deposit/access to pay cards
- Life coaching sessions or classes
Apparel and Dress Code
- Relaxed dress code
Full access to this content is available to Carrie Luxem Members Login Here or Become a Member Today!
Restaurant HR Group
- The Power of Belief: What Happens When Others See Your Potential
"Belief in yourself is hastened by the cheers of those who come alongside you." ...
- Restaurant Owners – Should You Be Using Employee Contracts?
Employee contracts are like this odd gray vortex in the HR world. There are pros...
- 3 Simple Tips for Writing Performance Reviews
Employee performance reviews can be stressful for both managers and employees. C...
- Resiliency: The Key to Weathering Any Storm
Adaptability is a key trait for navigating our modern world. It's truly an unmat...
- 8 Self-Defeating Behaviors Keeping You From Living Your Best Life
Many of us at least have a general idea of where we want to be in life. And when...