Generous employee benefits or perks are not only fantastic ways to attract top-notch talent
and become the employer of choice, but they're also an effective method of taking excellent care of your people. A survey by Glassdoor found that nearly 60 percent of employees classify benefits and perks as a top consideration for accepting a job.
If you want your team to thrive, retain their creativity, and avoid burnout, implementing tactics
to break the monotony of the day-to- day grind is highly recommended. And it doesn't have to
be extravagant or cost you a fortune. It really is the little things that matter most in keeping your crew motivated and engaged.
I recently asked a group of employees — a mix of both part- and full-time staff — what their
favorite employer-provided benefits and perks are. Here are the top 50 responses.
Health and Wellness
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Vacation time/PTO
- Flexible spending accounts: health (FSA), dependent care (DCFSA), and commuter (CERA)
- Gym membership discounts
- Wellness coaching/weight loss coaching
- Smoking cessation programs
- Team yoga or boot camp classes
- Onsite chair massage
Financial, Future, and Family Planning
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Accident insurance
- Retirement savings — 401(k), IRA
- Pet insurance
- Discounts for childcare
- Direct deposit/access to pay cards
- Life coaching sessions or classes
Apparel and Dress Code
- Relaxed dress code
Full access to this content is available to Carrie Luxem Members Login Here or Become a Member Today!
Restaurant HR Group
- 5 HR Systems Every Restaurant Should Focus on Improving
This time of year, and the new year in general, is exceptionally busy for restau...
- Top 3 Rules for Writing Effective Employee Performance Reviews
Employee performance reviews can be stressful for both managers and employees. C...
- How to Handle Intoxicated Customers & Prevent Overserving
Alcohol sales are a great way to boost a restaurant's bottom line, but they can ...
- How to Approach Homelessness with Kindness and Empathy + Printable Toolkit
In many areas of the nation, homelessness has become a humanitarian crisis. And ...
- 10 Leadership Skills Vital to Restaurant Success
It’s just not enough to have a trendy restaurant or delicious food. The viabil...