Relationships are at the core of great leadership.
If you don’t connect with people and take the time to form a relationship, then the level at which you can truly lead can be compromised.
8 ways to building great relationships:
- Be authentically you. Your employees, and people in general, can spot inauthenticity from a mile away.
- Be positive. Even when you’re facing seemingly insurmountable odds, keep your spirits up and set the example for the team.
- Show you care. Find small ways every day to let your employees know you care.
- Follow through. If you say you’re going to do it, always, always follow through.
- Be honest. Even when doing so is hard or intimidating.
- Treat people with kindness and respect. Because everyone deserves to be engaged in this way.
- Take an interest in others. Show a genuine interest in the lives, hobbies, and goals of your team.
- Help without expectation. Offer a helping hand because it’s the right thing to do, not because you expect something in return.