When you’re driving into work or closing down after a long day, do you take some time to reflect?
That is, time to reflect on exactly why you’re working so hard to bring your dream to reality?
If not, don’t feel bad. The day-to-day activities tend to take precedence by nature. But learning to incorporate your purpose into those activities is when amazing restaurants are created.
Why You Do What You Do
Previously, we talked about how adopting the right culture within your restaurant ties directly to your success. But what’s even more important is how you envision your purpose.
So, what’s YOUR restaurant’s purpose?
In reality, that’s kind of a tough question to answer, isn’t it? Because it might be tempting to say, “Our purpose is to turn a profit” or “I want to be my own boss.” Of course, these are absolutely worthwhile goals!
But push yourself to look beyond the bottom line; really tap into the emotion of your existence.
Whether you’re just starting out in the business, or if you’ve simply lost your way, answering a few of these questions will help you get back on track:
- What am I most passionate about?
- If time and money were limitless, what type of restaurant would I want to create?
- What traits do I admire among other restaurateurs?
- At a core level, what drives me to make my restaurant successful?
- When people are talking to others about the restaurant, what would you like to hear them say?
Ask the Questions, Find the Answers